Up for a challenge? Well then, name the manliest fruit known to man.
If you answered banana because of the fruit’s phallic shape, you’re partially correct. Partially, because the manliest fruit on the planet is…
The Avocado. Heck, the name itself reeks of masculinity like your favorite sauna suit that hasn’t seen your washing machine for quite some time now.
Anyway, back to avocados. Avocado is derived from an Aztec word “ahuacatl” meaning “testicle”.
That’s right! They called the fruit “testicle”! What other fruit can get more macho than that?
Aztec gentlemen loved their testicles, err, avocados so much that they had the balls to basically do the things every grown man had to do at that time. We’re talking about regular brawls against rival tribes, hunting savage beasts up and down the mountains, and coming home to their wives for some barbaric sexy time!
That’s right! The fruit they named testicle did in fact channel all of nature’s virility to their… testicles.
Ok, maybe not just to the testicles, but you get the point.
The love-drug-effect of avocados is due to the substantial amount of unsaturated fat in the fruit that encourages better blood flow.
Lest we forget, erectile dysfunction is associated with poor arterial flow.
Like dark chocolate, which by the way is another Aztec favorite, avocados also help boost testosterone by providing your body much of the monounsaturated fat that it needs.
And more testosterone means more sex drive and fertility!
Of course you know by now that high levels of testosterone are also gearing your body up for fat loss and lean muscle gain.
And it does so in a number of research-proven ways:
- The good fats in avocado are filling, which means a good serving will keep you full for hours. This is complemented by a low carbohydrate content, which means that the fruit doesn’t spike your insulin, so your body stops storing more body fat.
- Multiple medical trials have shown that the high monounsaturated fat content in avocados effectively lowers Total and LDL (bad) cholesterol numbers while at the same time increasing HDL (good) cholesterol numbers.
- Avocado makes your body more efficient when it comes to dealing with other nutrients that enter your gut. Dr. Steven Schwartz of Ohio State University breaks it down for us:
“Our initial findings show that a greater level of carotenoids from a novel high beta-carotene tomato variety are absorbed and converted to vitamin A when consumed with Hass avocados compared to no avocados. Hass avocados seem to have a natural ability to boost the body’s absorption, conversion and delivery of more nutrients.”
- Avocado has a positive effect on your leptin response. Leptin is our body’s “satiety hormone” that is responsible for regulating the amount of fat stored in the body. A good leptin response means that your body doesn’t store fat when it does not need to, instead allowing you to have more energy so you can make better use of the energy given by your food.
- Avocado has anti-inflammatory effects. Plus, it has loads of antioxidants that keep you healthy all the way down to the cellular level.
Avocados also contain a boatload of vitamins and minerals, making it one of the most nutrient dense foods out there today.
So the next time you’re feeling hungry, grab an avocado instead of a handful of crackers.
This amazing superfood will give you more benefits than you imagined, whether you are looking to lose body fat, lose man boobs, grow muscle and sculpt a manly chest; or you want to boost your performance in bed, improve your health and live longer.
One word of warning though, avocado allergies do exist. If you encounter coughing, wheezing, or nasal stuffiness after eating avocado, consult your physician right away.
Apart from that, avocados are generally harmless for the majority of the world’s population, which makes it one of the superfoods that you should look to include in your daily diet.
Turn the Man Mode ON with avocados!
I love avocados. How about you? The comments section below is definitely open to accommodate your one-of-a-kind avocado story. The ballsier the story, the better.